Wednesday, December 11, 2013

C r a f t B r e a k : W o o d e n B o x R e v a m p



Here is a great last minute DIY gift idea!

Purchase a simple wooden box from any craft store, take off any hinges, apply wood stain (this is really where the magic happens - it's surprising how great a $3 wooden box can look with some wood stain) allow this to dry and use acrylic paint to add any additional design you want! I used a stencil and some pearl colored paint to add the floral pattern to my box. Coat the box with a thin clear coat to finish (I recommend not adding clear coat on surfaces where the lid and rest of the box connect to avoid any sticking) reattach any hinges and you're done! I filled my box with a hand painted card/stationary set and gave this to my grandma as a birthday gift. 
Happy gifting! 

No comments: