Monday, April 16, 2012

C r a f t B r e a k : C a n v a s A r t





Recently, I have been making a few updates to my apartment decor (I bought myself a grownup couch! --byeee futon). I wanted to make some new wall art and I was originally going to do a chevron design, but then I realized taping out an even chevron pattern was going to be more frustrating than it was worth. I was then inspired by this post. So here is my version. 

I used painters tape cut down to a little less than half inch strips to mark my lines on canvas that I primed with white acrylic paint. Make sure to rub over the edges of the tape to ensure a good seal. I then used gold and dark gray acrylic paint to fill in the segments in an abstract pattern.  Heads up - cheap acrylic gold paint takes FOREVER to cover, I think I have about 6 or 7 coats on here but the end result is quite nice! After the paint has been applied peel off the tape (carefully) to reveal the finished product! 

No comments: